Peeps by Scott Westerfeld

To participate in this blog, select the Sign in link at the top right of this screen, then log in to Blogger. Once Blogger's Dashboard is displayed, select View Blog from the right side of the "Peeps Discussion " box. Use the questions on the side bar as a guide and express yourself by selecting the New Post link at the top right of this screen, or comment on another's post by selecting the comments link at the bottom of the particular post.

This is a student-friendly place to discuss your summer reading assignment with your peers. Use this Blog only for matters related to the book – this is not a social networking outlet.

As you respond to the questions and postings related to the book you are reading, keep in mind that all blog postings will be monitored. If you use inappropriate language you will be reported.

This is for English class; therefore, you must write in full sentences and use correct punctuation and grammar. Please avoid texting or IM language, abbreviations, slang, emoticons, etc. In order to receive credit, blogs must be well thought out and at least three sentences in length.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

stephanie rivera 11

The point in Peeps when I really began to wonder if Cal knew the peeps' story is when it seemed like he really didn't know much about them. It was like he was dating them but he really didn't pay much attention to them.I think that the author included the alternating chapters on parasites because he wanted the readers to understand everything about them. They made me feel frustrated because i thought that they were unnecessary and were not needed in the book. It just made the book have more unwanted pages. If I was accidentally infected my reaction would be to flip out on Cal. If it were me I would be really mad and not talk to him ever again. I was surprised because if i were her I would have been a whole lot more angrier than she was. She was pretty calm about it. I felt alot of sympathy for the peeps because the had no other choice but to be this. I felt bad because they did not even know what was going on with them. And yes i do feel that they were victims because as I said before they didn't choose to be this. I think that they should live life as a normal person would and get treated for it as soon as they can. Yes the ending did surprise me. Also the explanations were satisfying because when he told us them I understood the book better. If I could have written the end of the book I would have made it a happier ending. In the sequal I could imagine a happier ending. I think that the author of the book did succeed his goals of the book. I think so because he gave amazing deatail when ever he was describing something. He made it feel like you are there watching it like a movie. My opinion on the night watch is that I think it's a good idea. No I did not question there tactics because they have been doing this for a really long time so they know what there doing.

No comments: